Autumn, the Nation’s favorite season of all is here in Korea! 🍂🍂
The mornings are growing crisper with the breezy fresh air and the sky seems to be growing even higher and higher. The sun ☀ is setting early, and we can all feel a sense of seasonal change in the air and vividly from the leaves changing color.
Anything beautiful in life only lasts for a short while.. just like Autumn in Korea only lasts for about 2 months (Mid September- Mid November) and we need to make the most out of it chasing every moment while we are at it!
What would be the best way to chase that gorgeous fall foliage in Korea…🤔
We say “Go on a trip to a mountain” where you can feel the arrival of autumn to the fullest.
Since Korea is blessed with so many beautiful mountains with all different distinctive features, this is one thing locals don’t skip during the golden autumn foliage season. Pack your bags 🎒🎒 and walk up the mountain breathing in the crisp air and enjoying the gorgeous autumn scenery.
These are the ⭐Top 4 mountains⭐ famous for beautiful autumn foliage in Korea
But wait, which mountain should I choose?
There are quite many to choose from so you may not be sure which one to go for so we’ve gathered some more detail information about each mountain to help you decide. 🤟🤟
1. Travelling Time, Features, Pros & Cons
|Mountain||Travelling time from Seoul||Cable car
*Price is for a round trip
|2.5 ~ 3.5 hours||X||– Woljeong Temple (Woljeongsa)
– Fir Trees Road
(K-drama “Goblin” filming site)
|– Less crowded as Odaesan is relatively less known||– No cable car
*The trekking trails are pretty easy in Odaesan
|3 ~ 4 hours||Every 5 mins
– Adult: 10,000 KRW
– Child: 6,000 KRW
|– Sinheung Temple
– Gwongeumseong Fortress
– Biseondae Rock
|– Seoraksan offers the most colorful display of red, yellow, orange autumn foliage||– Cable car queue may be over one hour during peak season. Instead, you can take a walk to Sinheung Temple and|
|2.5 ~ 3.5 hours||Every 20 mins
– Adult: 10,500 KRW
– Child: 7,500 KRW
|– Rock Peaks
– Cloud Bridge
– Samseon Stairways
|– Unique autumn foliage view in harmony with rocky peaks
– One-way Cable car ticket is included in the Tour
|– The mountain is composed mainly with rocks and the trails are steep stairways so not ideal for elders.|
|3 ~ 4 hours||Every 5 mins
– Adult: 8,000KRW (7USD)
– Child: 5,500KRW (4.5USD)
|– Naejang Temple
– Woohwa Pavillion
|– Offers a great view of beautiful temples with the splended autumn colored trees in the backdrop
– Only a short 15~20mins walk from the ticket office to Naejang Temple
|– Cable car queue may be over one hour during peak season. *Most people enjoy autumn foliage on the way to the temple & pavillion which is only a short walk (20~30 mins) from the ticket office|
1. Relaxing & Romantic walk on the Fir Trees Road (K-drama “Goblin” filming site) on the way to Wonjeongsa Temple
2. Tranquil ambience from the harmony of creeks and broadleaf tree’s color change in pastel tones
=> I like this! Book Odaesan Autumn Foliage Tour!
1. Take a cable car to Gwongeumseong Fortress and enjoy the magnificent view of the east sea, Ulsan rocks, and Towangseong Water fall
(*In case you could not take the cable car, walk to Sinheungsa Temple instead, it is only 20~30 mins walk and you can view the gorgeous autumn foliage view along the way)
2. Seoraksan is known to offer the most spectacular autumn foliage view with lots of red, orange, and yellow. Enjoy the autumn foliage on the way to Sinheungsa Temple and marvel at the Buddha statue of 10m high
=> I like this! Book Seoraksan Autumn Foliage Tour!
1. Marvel at the unique view of rocky peaks harmonized with vibrant colors of autumnal leaves
2. Challenge yourself to cross the Cloud Bridge and make a way up via Samseon Stairways with thrilling views ahead of you
=> I like this! Book Daedunsan Autumn Foliage Tour!
1. Make a stop at Naejangsa(Naejang Temple) and enjoy the spectacular view of the temple surrounded on all sides by towering peaks providing the picture-perfect landscape view
2. Take a short walk from the temple to Woohwa Pavillion, which is called the landmark of Naejangsan.
=> I like this! Book Naejangsan Autumn Foliage Tour!
3. Location of Autumn Foliage Mountains
Check our other posts about Autumn Foliage in Korea!
See more Autumn Foliage Tour Indiway offers departing from Seoul or Busan!